Warehouse Volunteers help our construction sites operate smoothly and efficiently by pre-building house components and preparing materials in the Atlanta Habitat warehouse.
Outline of Volunteer Responsibilities:
Volunteers build components and prepare materials that will become part of Atlanta Habitat homes. Some tasks such as cutting blocks, assembling window kits and building window frames are more simple, while others such as building mailbox posts, attic boxes and porch railings are more complex and require skill and/or on-the-job training.
Shifts of three hours or more are available on Fridays between the hours of 9am-3pm.
We ask all Warehouse Volunteers to commit to working an average of at least two days per month, and to serve in this capacity for at least six months.
Training and Support:
- Volunteers receive work-related instructions from Atlanta Habitat staff
- In the case of more complex tasks, volunteers “shadow” an experienced Warehouse Volunteer until they are ready to complete the task on their own
- Passion and enthusiasm for Atlanta Habitat’s mission
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Dedication to working safely
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers must sign a Release and Waiver of Liability prior to your first day and annually thereafter.
- A willingness to use power tools
- No prior construction experience is needed
We ask that all of our individual volunteers first come to an orientation. The volunteer orientation will provide you with an understanding of Atlanta Habitat's program, information on how to get started, and answer any questions you might have. Orientations are offered 2 – 3 times monthly on Wednesday or Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings and last approximately one hour. To register for an orientation: Go to the volunteer registration website at www.atlantahabitat.volunteerhub.com. Create an account by clicking Register.
- Select a user name and password
- Enter your join code: ORIENTATION
- Input your contact information.
- Follow the prompts to complete your registration.
Please contact Libby McDermott at 404-223-5180 ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org; if you have any questions about registering for an orientation or if you are unable to view the upcoming orientation schedule.