Development Internship Fall 2016
The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. Atlanta Habitat offers an intern the opportunity to work directly on sponsorship and fund development projects in a nonprofit environment and to be a part of our great mission.
- Currently enrolled student in a university program with a major focus in nonprofit management, public policy or a relevant content area. Must be a junior, senior, graduate student or recent graduate.
- Available to work for 15-20 hours per week. Schedule can be flexible, but must be within our office hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Mondays through Fridays.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- No compensation is offered for this internship, but Atlanta Habitat will, to the best of its ability, complete university requirements required for the student to receive course credit.
- Internship term can begin in September and can run through December (flexible).
- Intern will report to the Sponsorship Manager and work closely with the Sponsorship Coordinator
- Research, write and assist with grant proposals
- Research house sponsor prospects to determine contact information, leadership, projected giving levels and organizational details, such as size, giving priorities, etc.
- Provide prospective groups with information on house sponsorship immediately following their participation in a build day and maintain appropriate documentation
COMMUN ITY ENGAGEMENT/ PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
- Assist with developing a plan to enhance our Faith & Community Partnership Fund (F&CPF), a supplemental funding resource for our community partners and donors, by supporting participants’ growth and sharing their partnership stories
- Assist with planning the framework for an appreciation event for our F&CPF partners
- Assist with the program development of Atlanta Habitat’s new ‘Youth Partnership Program’, an initiative that will aim to engage youth, ages 8 – 18, via school groups, youth groups, and summer camps
- Research and write stories that capture the relationships and partnerships of our homeowners, sponsors, and their successes
- Assist with stewardship of house sponsors following their build
To apply for this internship - please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put “Development Intern” in the subject line. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Deadline for applications is Friday August 26, 2016. Only candidates meeting all internship requirements will be considered. Atlanta Habitat is located in the Reynoldstown neighborhood in Atlanta, and is near MARTA bus and rail lines.