Atlanta Police Foundation’s Secure Neighborhood Initiative & Housing Incentive Program
Atlanta Police Foundation (APF), Atlanta Habitat for Humanity, and the Friends of English Avenue have teamed up to offer an innovative affordable homeownership program as part of the Secure Neighborhoods Initiative.
Under the program, the three organizations will provide affordable housing options designed to encourage Atlanta Police Department officers to live and work in the City of Atlanta. In exchange for attractive housing incentives, APD officers provide stepped up community patrols and police presence to help improve public safety in the neighborhoods where they will live.
Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is one of the leading builders of affordable single-family homes in metro Atlanta. Since 1983, Atlanta Habitat has built and financed more than 1,400 houses for more than 5,500 family members.
- Receive a monthly housing stipend from the Atlanta Police Foundation offsetting a large portion of mortgage payments for five years
- Park an APD patrol car at home and provide community policing and patrolling
- Purchase a quality, energy-efficient single-family home
- Maximum income requirements are waived for qualified APD officers
- Interest-free mortgage
- Monthly payments under $650/month
- $800 good faith deposit but no other down payment required
- Quality, energy-efficient construction
- 3-bedroom, 1-bath, 3-bedroom, 2-bath, 4-bedroom, 2-bath homes
- New washer, dryer, stove and refrigerator
- Central heating & air conditioning
- Prewired for cable and security system included
- Security doors and windows
- Includes access to over 100 free classes about homeownership including Plumbing 101, Exterior Maintenance, Dry Wall Repair, Cooking Matters, Investment and Savings, just to name a few
- Located minutes away from MARTA, Philips Arena, Georgia Dome, Georgia Aquarium and Centennial Olympic Park
For more information, register for an upcoming information session at https://www.tfaforms.com/392985 or call Atlanta Habitat at 404-223-5180.
Atlanta Police Foundation Contact: